How Nathan Arrived...

Around 11:00pm on Saturday, January 9th Mommy started having cramping that soon became recognized as contractions. At approx. 2:00 am the contractions were 3-5 mins apart and uncomfortable enough that Mommy and Daddy decided to head to the hospital to see if this was really it! Only being 2cm dilated the hospital sent Mommy home to "be more comfortable" and wait for things to progress. (darn!)
Home we went....and waited.... as contractions came every 5 minutes through the rest of the night (keeping mom from getting any sleep), and getting stronger as time passed, we headed back to the hospital at 11:30 am Sunday, January 10th. Finally admitted and 4cm dilated, things started progressing nicely. Mom got an epidural, and they broke her bag of water, making her 6cm at approx. 3:30pm. After very little progress the doctor started considering a c-section, the time was approx. 6:00pm and they were only giving Mommy another hour to make progress. My heartbeat dropped a little because of the Pitocin, but I showed them I was okay and they started it back up just in time! At 7:00 pm Mom was just about 10cm- thank goodness!! I was ready! Mommy started pushing at 7:05pm and pushed..and pushed..and pushed. Unfortunately I couldn't get in the right position and made Mommy's job much harder. After 2 hours of pushing the doctor finally cut Mommy and I was out in the next push, face up and to the left a little, I flew out into Dr. Galella's arms. I had a little accident and poo-ed on my way out so Daddy didn't get to cut my cord because the doctors took me away to suction out any meconium that I may have swallowed.
After getting all wrapped up and warm, me and Daddy spent some time together while Mommy got patched up and rested. It was great meeting Granny right away, she was a big help during delivery Mommy says :) I was officially born at 9:16pm on January 10, 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment